Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Caught just in time.. shewww
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 03:55 PM   #1
dpmeeks
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 82112
What I Drive: 2000 Focus SE Zetec

FF Reputation: 3 dpmeeks Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Caught just in time.. shewww

I just bought ( got it for 950 bucks !! ) this one owner, 128k miles, SE auto trans, a few days ago. It has the 2.0 Zetec. I asked the previous owner if the T-belt has ever been changed and she wasnt sure. It had a bad pass. side motor mount so in the process of changing it i decided to look at the t-belt.. thank god ! i did... Everything else on the car works great, cruise, electrical, even has side air bags and a block heater :)

Im having it "towed" ( scared to start it again ) to a friends shop to change the T-belt, Waterpump, and everything else while hes in there. Im gonna give it a needed tune up.. I ordered NGK plugs thru Rock Auto, i happened to read its not good to use NGK because they dont seat properly in the head ?? I purchased the NGK G-power plugs if that matters..

Ive read different opinions... Is the Zetec a interference engine ??? My friend is working on a ZX2, timing belt broke, and he said you could spin the crank pulley easily by hand ( no compression ) after installing new belt.