Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Official 2012+ Focus Used Oil Analysis thread
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 12:33 PM   #4
UnleashedBeast
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100738
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 3 UnleashedBeast Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
as requested, here is the parts list and install guide for a bypass filtration system. There are two systems to choose from, a single or dual kit.

The single kit installs only a remote bypass filter (not relocating the OEM filter)

The dual kit relocates the OEM filter location right beside the bypass filter. This is the route that I went, as you can see in the picture in post #1 of this thread. Some will find it's far easier to install the single bypass kit, as you have more than one mounting options. With the dual kit, you can only put it in one place, the same place I had to. It's much larger, with room nowhere else.

With that being said, let me start with only the parts list for the single kit. It's also cheaper. If anyone prefers the dual option, let me know.

BMK21 install .pdf

BMK21 Bypass kit

EaBP-90 bypass filter

I'd suggest replacing your OEM Ford Motorcraft filter with this one. It filters better (nano fiber) and has more oil capacity.

EaO34

Those who are uncomfortable drilling into the oil pan for a return line can always use the oil cap tip outlined in the install guide.

Remember that installing this kit will increase oil sump capacity up to ~7 quarts.

Those who are really serious about this upgrade, looking to buy it, should really sign up as a preferred customer. It will reduce the total price by 25%.

Preferred Customer

Here is another post I made about a parts list for the dual remote bypass system like I installed.

Link

Last edited by UnleashedBeast; 11-19-2012 at 10:17 AM.