Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus Transmission Shaking
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 11:08 AM   #537
robnjackpot
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106324
What I Drive: 2012 race red focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 robnjackpot Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Focus Shaking on cold start

this is my first post, ive been reading this forum for about 3 weeks now and have decided to share my story.

Bought a new 2012 focus SE at beginning of October 2012. It was great for about 2-3 weeks. We started noticing that when the car was left out of the garage over night, when we started it in the morning, it would idle very rough and jump between 1k-2k RPM. After waiting a few mins it would calm down to about 1k RPM. Pop it in drive, give some gas and the car would shake horribly(As if someone doesn't know how to use a clutch). This is an Automatic, so stuff like this shouldn't happen.

Take it to the dealer, they run some tests and find faults in the ECU. They order a new ECU, takes 8 days to arrive and get installed. We are told car is fixed and ready for pickup.

We pickup that evening, drives home no issues. Next morning, start it up, same problem...

Bring back to dealer, they are stumped, give us another rental and start troubleshooting. They now determined that the car is over fueling and fuel injectors need to be replaced. The replace 4 injectors, test the car on a cold start the next morning and are satisfied with the repair. I tell them ill come in the next day to pick it up.

As we are on our way down, they call me and tell me not to come get it, as they just started it up, and the problem is still there...even though they tested it the day before with no issue.

So, ive had the car for 3 weeks, the dealer has had it for 2.5 weeks. We brought it to them for a repair before my first payment even came out of the bank.

I've been logging all my issues with Ford Canada customer service. They have a case created for me. I've also been in contact with the owner of the dealership. At this point I don't really want the vehicle back. They cant seem to fix the issue, and I am no longer confident that this particular vehicle is reliable. We don't have Lemon Laws in Canada, we do have a Govt. program called CAMVAP, in which you can fight to get your money back for the car.

Has anyone else had any experience with this? I'm at a loss and feel that I wasted my money. I really just want my money back or for them to give me a new vehicle, or at the very least, repair my car, and give me a free extended warranty to relieve my reliability concerns.