Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Possible to add nav to my ford touch without nav
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 11:56 AM   #4
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 2,174, Level 28
Points: 2,174, Level: 28 Points: 2,174, Level: 28 Points: 2,174, Level: 28
Level Up 16% Completed
Level up: 16% Level up: 16% Level up: 16%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenpo_zx3 View Post
Dang, is it possible to get the screen of the iPhone maps up on the screen? Sorry for all the noob questions. Google and YouTube only get me so far.
Hey, Kenpo_zx3 -

Did you purchase yet? Red and black interior sounds hot!

To answer your question, you cannot transmit map data from your phone to the MyFord Touch system, however, when your vehicle's in park, you can watch videos or hook up a game system using the Audio/Video inputs. The jacks are located behind a small access door on the instrument panel or in the center console.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phokus View Post
I have 3.0.2 and I'm pretty happy with my MFT Nav
MFT has it's climate command quirks and sometimes my ipod but Nav has worked flawlessly for the 2200 miles and 1 month I've been using it.
I will be doing the update soon to see if it improves the other things however.
Go for the nav, have it all together in one place and it looks a lot cleaner
This is great to hear, Phokus! The 3.2.2 and 3.5.1 updates address concerns with climate control. Because your vehicle is equipped with navigation, you'll receive a new SD card (A4). I recommend setting up an appointment with your dealership to have this performed.

suss6052 is a wealth of knowledge, but don't hesitate to shoot me a PM if you have any additional questions.

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford