Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Purchased 2012 Focus SEL - Transmission Issues, having to trade it in. Should I pick up another?
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 08:35 AM   #1
jeriku
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106317
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL White

FF Reputation: 1 jeriku Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Purchased 2012 Focus SEL - Transmission Issues, having to trade it in. Should I pick up another?

Hey guys, I picked up a 2012 Ford Focus SEL from Carmax last Monday.

First let me start by saying, I LOVE this car. The power that it has for this type of sedan (coupled with the MPG and enough space for my four-member family).

The issue? This past Friday I began experiencing the transmission slipping during low speeds. Mostly upon take off. After doing some research on the vehicle, it doesn't appear to be normal. I do understand that this vehicle has two manual transmissions that shifts electronically. However, once again, when you're stopped and you begin to take off slowly - the vehicle jerks around while trying to upshift. It's actually pretty scary when trying to pull out into oncoming traffic.

Anyway, I'm going back to Carmax today. They have agreed to let me swap out the vehicle for another. I really want to believe that I had picked a bad egg and simply choose another Focus.

However, the wife doesn't think this is a good idea. Are transmission issues wide on this vehicle? I've also looked at the 2012 Cruze LT and the 2012 Hyundai Accent GLS. All three vehicles are around the same price with the same MPG.