Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - What is the latest version of sync for the 2012 Focus w/ Myford (not MFT)?
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 11:10 AM   #8
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
I know you mean well and are trying to help, but as I've stated there has been no updates released publicly for Sync w/ MyFord unlike MFT, although there were newer versions rolling out of the plant and there may be hidden TSBs for them at the dealer level.
It would be nice to have the applink availability that was put on the 2013s, but it does feel like we were left behind.
Hi, suss6052 -

I pass along your feedback to web support as well as engineering. I know they're looking to expand the AppLink feature to more vehicles, but I cannot speculate on availability. Future announcements will be made in our owner forum, please stay tuned:

http://boards.synccommunity.com/n/pf...cmb&listMode=0

Quote:
Originally Posted by valmundo View Post
I've tried that (this morning in fact) and all I get is my computer freezing...nothing happens.
Furthermore, your comments imply that not all 2012 Focus are eligible for the latest Myford update? Does that mean there were hardware changes midway through the model year that will make older built date cars not compatible with the latest version of sync? Otherwise, I would think all 2012 Focus should get the same update.
You can PM me your VIN any time, valmundo, I'm happy to check for any available updates. I don't have the specifics on the hardware/software. The most recent update (3.5.1) applies to the 2012 and 2013 Focus equipped with MyFord Touch; it does not apply to the electric Focus.

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford