Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Help! "Drippy" 2013 Ford Focus Hatchback
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 10:51 AM   #2
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,106, Level 34
Points: 3,106, Level: 34 Points: 3,106, Level: 34 Points: 3,106, Level: 34
Level Up 38% Completed
Level up: 38% Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Forum Activity 23%
Activity: 23% Activity: 23% Activity: 23%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusPony View Post
Hi,

I bought a brand new 2013 Ford Focus in late August. On 10/8/2012, I opened the car and it smelled really strange. After poking around in the car, I discovered that the driver's side floor carpet was soaked (both driver's seat and passenger seat behind it). I took the vehicle in for servicing and they found that a seal wasn't latched in correctly and fixed it.

On 10/27/2012, I drove my car to the store and back. The weather had been dry and the roads were dry. When I got back, the driver's side floor had a wet area on the carpet right under the handle for the hood release. The handle was also wet. I took the car back to the dealer. They looked over it for a week, had Ford regional people look at it, soaked it in their car wash, and couldn't get the problem to reappear.

Today, 11/15/2012; same thing as on 10/27. The floor had water dripped on it and the handle was wet again. It's not raining and the roads are dry. So, I'm going to contact the dealer again...
Hi FocusPony,

I'd like to step in here and see how I can help. Send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name; I'll start exploring some options.

Thanks!
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply