FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by YesMAN View Post
Anyone have an engine shake around 1,800 to 2,000 rpms? At first I thought it was tire related but when stopped I popped it into neutral and revved it up and sure enough there's a rough high frequency vibration in that range and a low frequency vibration (resonance?) right at about 1900. I'd estimate it's in the 300 to 400 rpm range.
Hi YesMAN,

If you're concerned, you can always have your dealer check it out the next time you have an oil change or other scheduled maintenance visit. They'll be able to diagnose it or give you some peace of mind. Worth the trip, I'd say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutd33 View Post
Yeah I've noticed that there's a bit more vibration around that RPM range, especially when I go from 4th to 3rd gear. I thought this was normal was a part of the "European flavour" of the car.

Bear in mind it's not violent shaking or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdallas View Post
I haven't really noticed it in this car, but it was a characteristic of one of my past cars....a 2004 Mazda 3 2.0. Right before 2,000 RPM, it had a 'shake' that didn't appear anywhere else in the rev range. I wrote it off as a balance issue, which it probably is. If it was an actual mechanical issue (misfire, etc) that was strong enough to shake the engine, the ECU would've picked it up and given you a check engine light. I woudn't worry about it if I were you.
Thanks for sharing your experiences, dutd33 and cbdallas. Great info, and I'm sure YesMAN appreciates it.

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any other questions,
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply