Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - This Prius can't even sell itself...
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 11:04 AM   #89
revhigh
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98516
What I Drive: 2012 Mazda 3 SkyActiv 6A Touring

FF Reputation: 1 revhigh Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Sorry guys. Sometimes I get a little overzealous tallking about the Prius, and contrary to what some may believe ... I'm in no way a left-wing, tree-hugging, San Francisco Prius-driving liberal. That couldn't be further from the truth. I just really require exceptional fuel economy due to the miles I drive, and the Prius was by far the best way to accomplish that. I bought it almost reluctantly, but since then it's won me over. I'm not crazy about it's shape either, but it's shape is probably worth 5-7 MPG. I know ... I know ... it's still ugly, and I agree with that part of the detractor's argument.

It just irks me that the majority of the arguments against the Prius (which is just a stupid car) go so against what I've actually experienced. Prior to purchasing it I researched it for close to a year, which is when I found out all the truths and technologies of the Prius ... and also found out that most of the naysayers were just spouting urban myths that were untrue.

If you don't like them ... don't buy one, but to say that you 'hate' a particular car (or brand) just because of it's looks or percieved myths that you've heard is really just wasting your energy.

Take it easy all, and enjoy whatever car you desire.

REV