Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2013 engine "click click whir" (engine not running)
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 10:23 AM   #23
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,219, Level 35
Points: 3,219, Level: 35 Points: 3,219, Level: 35 Points: 3,219, Level: 35
Level Up 13% Completed
Level up: 13% Level up: 13% Level up: 13%
Forum Activity 22%
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeneo70 View Post
Hey guys! I just got my Focus 2 days ago, and this morning I noticed I have this same noise. I figured it was nothing, but I'd feel better knowing what it is and why it is doing it.

I have an appointment Friday to get a blemish buffed out that was there from transit and I plan to show him this forum and the sound you uploaded as an example, because as you stated before it tends to only make this noise when you use something electric and after the car has been sitting for a bit.
Hi keeneo70!

Congrats on the new Focus; I'm sure you'll love it. Let me know how the appointment goes on Friday, and report back to the group any news you get about the whirring noise. If you ever need any assistance from me, I'm just a PM away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow3v View Post
Its a completely normal noise. My car does it eeeeeevery morning.

I kind of like it, its like its greeting me. Good morning, slow3v. Hop in and drive me.
This totally made me smile, slow3v. I like the idea of your Focus greeting you every morning. Now the real question is: do you say anything back to it?

Have a great day!
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply