Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Weathertech vs OEM vs other floor mats
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 09:30 AM   #66
CDNFocusFan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99542
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Metallic Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 CDNFocusFan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Husky Liners

Quote:
Originally Posted by akelley3 View Post
Does anyone have some all weather floor mats that they really like? I need to get some before the winter hits, but am not sure which route to take. I'd like something that's made for the focus but it starts to get a little expensive. Weathertech's cover up the entire floor (which I kind of like) but they are crazy expensive for floor mats and do they look ok? The OEM's look nice, but do they do a good enough job of keeping the snow/salt/mud off the carpets? Or if you have any other suggestions for floor mats I am definitely open to it.
I got some Husky's back in Sept since where I'm living for work there's been snow on the ground since about then.

These are my observations:
They are pricy, I paid $130.00. (yes I know they're available cheaper in the city but I could only get them shipped since I live 3 blocks from the middle of nowhere)

The coverage is excellent, I especially like the dead pedal coverage.

The shape has caught all the water, snow, pebbles, leaves etc that I drag in with my shoes.

They aren't very ribbed, so the bottom of your pants may be a bit wet.

They protect very well, I take them out once a week for a rinse and to shake the crud off them and the carpet underneath is immaculate.

Removing them is a pain, you have to be careful to kind of fold it like a taco, then slowly take them out. The shape is awkward to remove and they're not very flexible. If you're not careful or screw up you could end up dumping water on your carpet. If you get them I find the best thing to do is remove most of the standing water and junk first (use my shopvac) then back the drivers seat up and pull them out slowly