02fordsvt
Meh.

Fan#: 84654
What I Drive: 2002 SVT, 2001 SE (Rusty)

FF Reputation: 49 02fordsvt Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthzx3 View Post
i wouldn't mind mine being that filthy, if i drove dirt roads on a regular basis. and i kinda wish i did

i must have missed or forgotten, did you tint your fogs?
Here's how I did the foglights. They have held up really well although the cheap tint has turned a purple color if you look at them right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02fordsvt View Post
The other night, one of my tinted fog light covers blow of so I made and installed a new set yesterday. When I bought the car, the foglights (and the whole front end for that matter) where heavily chipped by stones. In an attempt to clear up the fogs a little better, I sanded them down,clear coated them, and put on the tint. It looked great but it didn't take long for the clear coat to start peeling off bringing the tint with it. That brought me to yesterday where I was missing one and needed to replace the other side. I did everything basically the same except I used a headlight restoration kit to clear up the fog light instead of the clear coat. Hopefully they will last longer but time will tell.

What they looked like after the clear coat had peeled off.

All I used for the tint was a scrap piece of window tint (It was either 20% or 35%, I'm not sure) cut in a 4" diameter circle.

It took a lot of heat to get the tint to lay flat but here's the finished product.

Reassembled and installed.

And some more installed photos. You can also see how well my painted air dam is holding up. It hasn't held up so well to all the snow banks I have to push through.

Hatch Nation #13 : Rally Revolution #13 : ROTM Jan '13
It's Bryan, not Brian
RSVT-170 Build in Progress
Derusting Rusty Build in Progress