Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - rear suspension removal -- in junkyard
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 05:40 AM   #8
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
You're trying to get a good trailing arm off of a rear with smashed drums? Um... ok.

You should be very careful. You're going to have to jack or put something under that vehicle's body before you go removing the suspension. Even if you just slide stuff under there, you'll have the 1000+psi spring that is still sprung under there waiting to apply pressure to anything suspension that you're trying to remove. For example. If you were able to get the front bolt out (which you can't because its in a bind), it would probably be likely to slam the control arm up.

If you didn't know this sort of stuff before you started, you should stop now. Seek some other way to get your part before you seriously injure yourself. It wasn't too long ago that some guy killed his 3 yr old daughter removing a leaf spring. Suspension stuff looks all peaceful, but screw with it the wrong way and it will make mushy meat out of you. Furthermore, how freaking wise is it to even try to remove suspension parts on a car that is held off the ground by the suspension? The bolts are in a bind, the car is waiting to fall, and the spring is waiting to be unsprung.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.