Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - IMPORTANT: ALL MK3 Focus Owners, I could use your input.
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 11:39 PM   #62
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillon View Post
Yeah, sounds like you might have a bit of clunk there, Suss.

Sorry amigo. Welcome to the club.
Then it likely wasn't quite right from day one, but I guess its harder to notice it as being explicitly wrong if the radio is just loud enough. Although normally unless the blower was going very hard or I wanted to listen to a particular track loudly most of the time I stuck to between 5-10 (usually around 7) on the volume front.

I would have to say I think it was doing it from around the second day, but I can't be precise since I didn't think I was having an issue until I heard more about it. Most of the other videos did sort of sound "normal" to me based on my car, but if that just means my car is abnormal with the rest and that it should be quieter. I don't recall what my rental car had back in November of 2011 but I could swear it was quieter even though it was a sedan. It also had the LED dome lamps where as mine are freaking incandescent bulbs.

Great, so no just because you feel you're not experiencing an issue just could mean you've tuned it out, but its still there. I thought something seemed strange when it thwacked harder over bumps than I would think necessary. The tires are also a bit noisy at times, but the suspension is the part that would bother me.

Doesn't seem to be temperature related, but your survey says it needs to be and you can't choose both. Idk, seems like that happens over any bump at any temperature, although some don't seem to do it the same way.