Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - IMPORTANT: ALL MK3 Focus Owners, I could use your input.
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 08:09 PM   #57
Sparky12
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98232
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Focus Ti HB

FF Reputation: 2 Sparky12 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillon View Post
Just got off the phone with my regional customer service manager. Certainly not the standard customer service call she's used to, I'm sure.

We did come to an agreement, though. Since I'm so far beyond getting this issue handled through standard warranty procedure, and I already have the updated strut tower brace on order, I'm going to be a guinea pig for the rest of you. I have the necessary tools, shop, torque specs, and installation instructions at my disposal. Whatever the result, she will be taking my findings and reporting them to Ford, which I'm hoping, if things go well, will be used to benefit the rest of you with your issues.

I'm hoping to have the new brace in my hands by Monday, maybe Tuesday at the latest. I'll then be doing the install in stages, so I can properly troubleshoot this issue. Initially, I'll be installing ONLY the brace. However, I have also ordered a new set of strut mounts and strut bearings that I plan on installing afterwards, just to ensure I don't have any more problems further down the road.

Thankfully, parts are cheap for this car.

In the meantime, keep filling out that survey!

Sweet, thank you!

Survey (second round) completed today...

2012 Titanium Hatch
Build 03/28/2012 (like, 11 days after the part cut off on the previous page)
No reinforcing plates
Clunk on driver's side

My driver's side strut plate has the aforementioned gap between the top of the tower and the plate... maybe 3/16". I wedged a keyring grocery store shopper card in there tonight, I'll report back tomorrow if I'm still clunking as badly as normal.