Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - This Prius can't even sell itself...
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 06:21 PM   #60
pozi240
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94835
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5 door SEL Kona Blue

FF Reputation: 4 pozi240 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus YBTC View Post
You're wrong about 99.9 % of that. The generation Prius (2007) in my family has a much more spacious and comfortable rear seat than my Focus and it is a great car on highway trips. That year Prius is designed to run on BOTH the electric motor and gas engine combined most of the time. It only runs on electric alone up to 15 MPH. There is a new Prius C (C for city) that is designed as a commuter car where your statements about highway driving may apply. Don't get me started on the green factor and the lies that have been perpetrated about hybrids on that front. One favorite was the whopper that a Hummer was more "green" cradle to grave than a Prius and that's been proven wrong so many times it will make your head spin. I'm really tired of the pseudo-macho anti-hybrid posing that goes on by people ignorant about the Prius.

Having said all that I'm willing to bet I'd like the Ford C-Max hybrid much better though I haven't driven one yet. The company I work for had a load of Ford Escape hybrids and that was a really nice driving economical car. The C-Max is a much improved car and gets a rated 47 MPG combined.
Please elighten me on how I can be "wrong", it's an opinion, and mine, not yours.. We're you there with me on that 1000km trip?? I never trashed the Prius once, I merely stated facts about mileage and economy, all based on facts. For my needs, the TDI was much more economical (I commute about 90% highway everyday ) and more powerful to boot. The previous gen Prius was a great car for a certain niche of the motoring public, but it wasn't the best , nor the be all, end all many would have us believe, and it certainly isn't the "answer" to high mpgs. The Hummer example for the "cradle to grave" argument is equally ridiculous and no one brought that up but yourself. I mentioned that other vehicles, like the TDI (especially the BlueTec) are greener in that argument, and that has been proven. Again, that really doesn't matter to most (or even myself, I race motorcycles and am in the military, using green arguments would make me a hypocrite, lol). I just stated it since a lot of Prius owners like to throw that in your face. Toyota makes reliable cars, the Prius is no different (although I wouldn't want to pay for new batteries out of warranty, but, that is more of a concern for used buyers), but this is a FoFo forum, the OP started this thread to poke fun at a funny situation, nothing more.
You and Revhigh seem to have a love affair with your Toyota, that's great, but continuing to defend them on a Ford forum and put down naysayers is just dumb really. I'm sure there is some great forums out there for that.
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14 (street)
2008 Kawasaki ZX10R (track only)