Tra1969
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99323
What I Drive: 2012, Tuxedo Black, Focus Titianum

FF Reputation: 1 Tra1969 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerFocus View Post
One thing to consider is wind. I drove from Champaign, IL to Omaha, NE a while back against a mostly west wind (it wasn't that strong, maybe 10mph), but that knocked my MPG down to 33-34 instead of the normal 37-38 I get on the same trip (going 65-70mph most the time).

But that would only affect certain/occasional trips... not all.
HuskerFocus,
If I could hit the mid 30's ever I wouldn't have any complaint. My best ever is almost 34 mpg(that was the second tank after I took it in. And that was only once. The norm was 28-30 till the service was done. Now it's 23 to 26 no matter what I do. I live in Southwest Michigan, it also is not to hilly and I mostly drive country roads with few stops and the interstate when ever I can. And even in the summer I still never hit the mid 30's mpgs. I had a 2011 Feista for a year before I upgraded to the focus and took a little hit for doing it to. I drove the Fiesta like a go-cart/stockcar. And I never seen under 31 mpgs with it and even at 80 mph I still got 40 to 44 mpgs on the trips up north. I don't drive the focus as crazy as I did the Fiesta. That should make up the difference in size and weight difference. the fuel mileage estimites on the window stickers were only 1 mpg difference. It would stand to reason I would at least be close to the same with the same driving mix. I guess I will need to do some checks on the car myself. I think I got a 1/2 bad injector but not bad enough to throw a light on the dash. But I am not quite sure how to test for that and Ford is not willing to help anymore till I get a code to show up. Just really frustrated that they don't do more. They could have at least pulled the plugs and inspected them for sign of problems. I worked for Firestone and pep boys for over 12 years but I'm scared to look at anything, cause they would probly blame everthing on me. Well I talked enough.
Moonroof, Sony MFT, siriusxm