Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - This Prius can't even sell itself...
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 05:23 PM   #48
gkirk
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91903
What I Drive: 2012 C.Red Focus SE Sport Package

FF Reputation: 3 gkirk Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by revhigh View Post
That is absolutely the truth .... the 2010+ Prii are only one second slower 0-60 than the new Focus (9.7 vs 8.7 ... both with a 1 foot rollout). They effortlessly cruise at 80+ on the highway, and are rated as a midsize car with the room to match compared to the Focus being a compact. At 80MPH the Prius gets 1.5 - 2 times the mileage that the Focus gets, and you can easily fit 4 people in complete comfort, which you CAN'T do in a Focus. Each car has it's uses and advantages.

REV
They had a Top Gear where they raced an M3 and a prius around the track and checked the mileage. They got exactly the same.

The fact is, a prius might have some spunk but as soon as you drive it like that, it loses its mpg bonus pretty fast.

I drove a prius a few years ago. If it didn't get 50mpg, i'd hate it. But you got to love what it gets you in terms of economy. I didn't use it enough to comment on space and all that, but it was boring to drive and went in a straight line. Pretty good, right?