Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Anybody done an E85 conversion?
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 05:00 PM   #46
enginjoe
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105845
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 enginjoe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I do all my own wrenching, but I get tuning done by the pros. I've had enough school getting a Bachelor's and a master's degree in Engineering, so I'm sick of that kind of thing. I'm not going to spend all that time learning some specialized software just to tune my own junk and I don't need or want a job doing that.

I know many tuners from my time on other forums. They have tuned un-counted numbers of EFI cars on E85 and other fuels. Maybe you should surf some of the other forums because I'm guessing from your lack of knowledge on the subject that maybe you spend too much time here. Maybe it's because I live in a po-dunk tcwn in az, but there aren't that many high performance focuses around and the ones that are considered high performance are slow by most people's standards. I know I've never seen one I'd consider fast. My fast cars are just run of mill, nothing special compared to what the real go getters are doing on the forums or in the car magazines. A 500whp srt-4 or a 800whp turbo SS is no big deal anymore because tons of people have already done it and then some. I rode in a nitrous'd focus once, then took the guy for a ride in my stock turbo with some mods SRT-4 and he sold that slow pos soon thereafter and got an LS1 camaro. Go to srtfourms, LS1tech, evolutionm, nasioc, etc., the info and all the good tuners are all there.

One last thought: You don't have to be a chicken to know if an egg is bad.