Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - This Prius can't even sell itself...
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 04:44 PM   #45
revhigh
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98516
What I Drive: 2012 Mazda 3 SkyActiv 6A Touring

FF Reputation: 1 revhigh Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus YBTC View Post
You're wrong about 99.9 % of that.

Having said all that I'm willing to bet I'd like the Ford C-Max hybrid much better though I haven't driven one yet. The C-Max is a much improved car and gets a rated 47 MPG combined.
Yes, he is wrong about virtually all of it, clearly he is uneducated about the Prius, it's technology, and it's reliability.

I've driven ALL the various Prii and the C-Max. The C-Max is like a bloated Focus, it is bigger and ergonomically better than the Focus, but seems to handle almost as well. It 'should' end up being a great car for Ford if they can make it reliable.

The C-Max is a competitor to the Prius V .... NOT the Prius liftback OR the Prius C. On paper specs alone, it appears that the C-Max is a better overall package than the Prius V. However, and this is a HUGE however .... that is not taking into account that the Prius V is an established and reliable Toyota, and the C-Max is a newly released first-year-Ford. That alone would keep me from buying the C-Max for at least a few years (maybe more if there are serious issues), given what Ford's new-release reputation has become, and my own direct experience with my 2012 Focus.

REV