Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - This Prius can't even sell itself...
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 03:38 PM   #43
Seriously Focused
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101141
What I Drive: 2012 SGM SE Sport 5 Dr

FF Reputation: 1 Seriously Focused Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus YBTC View Post
Hilarious. I owned a 2007 Prius for five and a half years and my daughter still drives it without any major problems. I never heard any alarms or buzzers going off at 65 MPH. I could cruise all day with four passengers and their luggage at 80-85 MPH with no problem. I never waited for the car to "reply" when asked to go into forward in reverse. Then it wouldn't start? I would say that particular Prius is seriously broken and needs repair. If your wife is trying to see "what all the hype is about" she tried the wrong "pruis".

Prius is a great, well built and durable car that's optimized for maximum fuel economy and low emissions. It is not a great handling car like the Focus (and probably the C-Max) that's a given. It never fails to amaze me though the sheer volume and variety of cranky nut-ball misinformation that some people feel compelled to spread about the Prius in general. That said, I really like the hybrid C-Max and wanted to buy one but I waited and waited and couldn't wait any more for the car to arrive at dealers so I bought a Focus.
Yup, you are correct sir ! While I do enjoy the "thrill" (small joke) of the 2012 Focus, it will NEVER beat a Toyota or Honda for long term reliability.