Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - IMPORTANT: ALL MK3 Focus Owners, I could use your input.
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 12:39 PM   #49
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 GTI

FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipshurt View Post
OK
This morning it was TOTALLY clunk free when it was 52 degrees. That was with the credit card jammed tight into the space. Only the drivers side has the space, and only that side makes noise.
Usually when it is 52 degrees the thing rattles like a model T or a Farmall Cub tractor.
It goes away when it gets warm, but it takes pretty long. sometimes 15 minutes to get warm enough.
Interestingly, I was up at lake arrowhead this weekend and it was 33 degrees and there was no clunk at all. It started clunking again later in the day when it was a bit warmer.

Ill drive it again in about an hour when i go to lunch. It usually clunks and rattles like crazy when i hit the speed bumps and uneven pavement joints in the lot.
Well, I just took a walk out to the lot and checked mine. I have a small gap on the driver side, but none on the passenger side, and the passenger side is where the clunk is.

I'll try putting something in the gap to see if it does anything, but you might have just gotten lucky with that.