Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - What Happened?? Replaced clutch master cylinder, now I have no torque!
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 06:31 AM   #2
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 Focus Wagon; 13 C-Max SEL

Points 27,521, Level 98
Points: 27,521, Level: 98 Points: 27,521, Level: 98 Points: 27,521, Level: 98
Level Up 18% Completed
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Forum Activity 12%
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%
FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Smell anything burning- like hot brakes maybe?

It sounds to me like the slave cylinder locked up. Either way, since you took it to a dealer, you should have a 1 year warranty on the repair. I am surprised and amazed that they let you drive the car out, and expected you to believe that they can't fix it correctly. We have a Ford Customer Service representative from corporate on here. If you have the receipt from your dealer that should detail any warranty. Even if there is no warranty (and there should be), the customer should be satisfied with the repair. I'd locate a scanner, scan the receipt, and then contact "Ford Customer Service" on this site. I believe the girl's name is Crystal. She should be able to take your information, talk to the regional CSM, and that way you can take your car to another dealer under the same warranty if necessary. I'd try taking it back to the first dealer, and talk to a different service manager if possible.

I'm just guessing from an internet description without any diagnosis, so I'm worthless. I could be a stuck brake, damaged clutch, bad master cylinder, or stuck slave cylinder. NO matter what it is, the dealer should make the car drive like it did before the master cylinder went out.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.