Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - No head lights and wont start not so much as a click
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 06:22 AM   #6
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 Focus Wagon; 13 C-Max SEL

Points 27,590, Level 98
Points: 27,590, Level: 98 Points: 27,590, Level: 98 Points: 27,590, Level: 98
Level Up 24% Completed
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Forum Activity 12%
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%
FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
BTW, I almost forgot, if you end up getting a new battery, make sure that your alternator is working by using the electronic odometer trick or by testing the battery while the engine is idling. To use the EO trick: key off, press and hold the odo reset button, turn key ON, continue to hold the odo reset button until the odo reads [test]. Now you're in test mode. You will remain in test mode until you turn the key off again, so you can turn the key to start and drive off with the odo in test mode. Every time you press and release the odo reset button, you will scroll through one of 30 test functions. Some of the ones in the beginning will be very useful- like [leds] that lights up all the indicator lights. You are looking for the one that reads [bat 12.1] or whatever your battery voltage might be at the time. Expect to see about a .2v difference between the reading you get in test mode and the reading you'd get by using multi-meter leads on the battery terminals. When you start the engine, the odo will now display the alternator voltage, and you can watch that while you drive in case you might have an intermittent problem like a barely connected field wire.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.