Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - IMPORTANT: ALL MK3 Focus Owners, I could use your input.
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 11:05 PM   #33
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 GTI

FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogey View Post
thing i dont get mine has a production date of 06/12, what with the intermitent installation at the factory? wouldnt it be a part youd think they wouldnt forget? sorry bashing is done i have quite i bit of problems with my focus. not a negative analitical personal, just things...
Going off of the survey results, which can only be used for mere speculation, here's what I've noticed:

It's also looking like the first 3-4 months of 2012 Focus production (January-April) seem to have the reinforced strut tower brace, until sometime in May of 2011, which is when Ford started installing braces without the reinforcements.

The reinforced towers weren't added back into production until sometime in August for the 2013 models, at least that's what it seems.

Being that your car was produced between 05/11 and 08/12, it fits into the range where the reinforced strut towers went missing from production. As to why the reinforcements were left out, that's anyone's guess until Ford tells us exactly what is going on. And that's not something I'd bet on them doing.

Again, this is all from the survey results I have so far, so nothing is exact.