Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Ignition barrel with no led!
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 10:59 PM   #35
Litterbug
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104950
What I Drive: 2013 Dark Grey Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 Litterbug Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Smile

My wife and I had an Issue finding the Ignition Key Switch at Night... I looked into a Led Ring, but I decided on a "Cheap Fix" to find/see switch at night.
I purchased a small roll of White Reflective Tape from Walmart, 2 bucks. Then I made a round circle on the back side of the tape, 1/8 " smaller then the switches outside diameter, then I made a round circle slightly larger then the center portion of the switch ( about 1/2" dia. ). I then cut on the outer and inner lines with a exacto knife and scissors. I then cleaned the face of the Ignition Switch with rubbing alcohol to get it clean, then I applied the Cut-out of White Reflection Tape on the face of the switch.
So now at night the ceiling light reflects on the tape and you simply put the key in the center hole. If you have the steering wheel slightly turned to the left in also makes it easier to see the reflection tape on the switch.... ...
The Best thing is My Dear Wife is Happy.....
A Cheap Fix and It Does not Look Bad.... You may have to practice a couple times, until you get it just right.....
Have A Good Day... Jim in Fl. ;-)