felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 52 felixthecat Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbs View Post
What he said. If cams runs $400-$600(and all I could find where 05 and older cams) and I'm sure heads are up there in price too plus the money for a new tune will only net 15hp, I'm not so sure it's worth the money. What kind of power gains will just the cam net? Any idea?
I paid $300. for 224-0010 crane cams from optionsauto. The cams really seem to make the motor breath better= it wants to rev now. Compare the oems w/ the cranes= there is a difference. A tune goes for $379.-$430. or so. I went w/ a Fwerk's header/flex/ stealth muffler/ crane cams 0010 & a Fwerk's tune. I already had done a BSD plug & windage tray, CFM's UDP's, Steeda's sri & FRPP's Borla 2.5'' exhaust. Those mild cams do make a difference as does the other mods. I perfer the 23 motor. I guess if I had a 20 motored car, I'd be looking at cost difference= 23 head vs a 23 motor install. A header,cams,tune, intake are all going to cost the same. So the question is the power & grunt for a 23 headed 20 vs a 23 motor install. Just to throw it in cost effectiveness of a 23 motored car vs yours now?
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131