Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - mirror suggestions for me...input appreciated
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 09:31 PM   #11
Marbs
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 49029
What I Drive: 2006 Red ZX3 SAP

FF Reputation: 4 Marbs Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam fisher View Post
the finish on these just wont allow that u know
I did NOT know that =-) lol. I painted mine years ago, along with my door handles. I had many pro's tell me that they were impossible to paint and the paint would NEVER stick. I bought some "bully spray?" (Still have the can I'd have to double check the name/product)or something like that. My buddy who worked at a paint supply shop told me about it. It "makes paint stick to stuff" (it's what the can says on it) and I put a couple coats on then painted and cleared. Looked GREAT. Now it's 3 or 4 years later the clear is coming off so I need to respary them to get back to shine. I want the foldable option of the ST/SVT mirrors.
2006 Focus ZX3 SAP, Draxas Header, FS Werks Flex pipe, MBRP exhaust, CAI, Tuned, Debaged, tinted windows, FRPP lowering kit, SVT 5-spoke wheels, Black Halo Projector Headlights, Niteshaded Side markers and tails, Mazda rear wiper, mustang antenna.

Last edited by Marbs; 11-15-2012 at 07:33 PM.