lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
I did manage to call my wife on the drive home from work and talk for a while to test this. She didn't think it seemed any better, cutting off words and the like. I was getting on the expressway while we were talking and the part of the expressway where I get on was recently (last summer) replaced with bare concrete. When I left the on-ramp and hit the (loud) concrete, which causes a lot of road noise in my car, this droning background noise in the call suddenly started. I new the nicely paved part was coming up in a couple of miles so I made her stay on the line as I was testing. Once I hit the nice asphalt the background drone in the call disappeared. She said it was better but she was still having problems understanding me. I should mention that she was on her way home as well and on hands-free in her VW so two BT car-to-car calls probably isn't a fair test but all I've had time for so far. I need to try calling someone on a landline or on their cell while they are home and indoors to see how that is.
I test mine by calling my work phone and leaving myself a message.