Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Anyone upgraded their Sony 10-speaker stereo?
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 05:46 PM   #60
oritpro
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96148
What I Drive: 2012 Subaru Impreza Sport Limited

FF Reputation: 2 oritpro Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by engine ear View Post
I'm in the group that thinks this is a great system that is plenty loud. I played professionally for 10 years, sat(Hammond B-3, 122 RV Leslie and Mini-Moog, Fender Rhodes) in front of Marshall stacks, Orange, Fender, Sunn,,,etc...and I know loud. Went to a WHO concert and THEY were loud. The Sony gets plenty loud for me. How loud do you need it? I want CLEAN loud, not distorted and this system is fine.
I've been in the thousands of watts cars and it's not enjoyable. If you want loud because it pisses the neighbors off and you want to be the loudest on the beach, well, to me that's a waste of $ and infantile. Ever been in someones home that's a true audiophile? You know, the receiver is a few grand, the speakers are 10K...clean, pure audio...zero hiss...you hear the the drummers brushes and the faint squeak in the bass drum pedal...the pluck of a stand up bass or the harmonics of a Martin guitar...all at rather high volume, or low volume for that matter. Booming bass you hear 2 blocks away is idiotic to me...course..there's no dust in that car...it's all vibrated out the windows.
I like heavy metal...LOUD...but tone down the bass...that's not how it is live...if it were the manager would be talking to the bass player to tone it down. Booming bass sux.
My 2 cents...the Sony is fine for me and mine. Go try it out...can always make it louder with $$$...but for most of us, not necessary.
My sentiments exactly, word for word. The Sony is a pretty decent for the Focus.