Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - auto x needs roll bar
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2005, 06:30 PM   #6
romaczx3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 16581
What I Drive: 2003 Twilight Blue ZX3

Points 298, Level 5
Points: 298, Level: 5 Points: 298, Level: 5 Points: 298, Level: 5
Level Up 96% Completed
Level up: 96% Level up: 96% Level up: 96%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 romaczx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by 2020vision
wow neither of oyu have a clue what u r tlakign about.first of all dwdgsi03
a rear sway bar hleps decrease understeer not increas it. and romaczx3 you will nto get snap over steer form just addign a big rear sway bar. anyways thats what u want in a fwd car. you elt the ass end swing out nail the gass and the front tired grip and u go its the best setup.

if you want a good rear sway go with h&r. dont bother gettign a 22mm rear sway its too small and a waste of money. the h&r is perfect size. the steeda i believe is 28mm and thats too stiff unless u have suspension mods. dotn add a front sway bar cause that voids out the rear one wich leaves u with understeer still
Really? Having your ass hanging out into an opposite lane will be great when you try to avoid a dog in the road etc. A huge rear sway bar WILL cause some nasty oversteer in some emergency situations. I never said snap oversteer to begin with...snap oversteer is when you're in mid turn and at a neutral understeer and the balance is immediately upset into oversteer, thus snap meaning immediate, and it's usually caused by too much throttle input in the turn.

If you like your ass hanging out, then by all means go for the 24mm, just be ready to handle it in a tricky situation on the street. What feels great on an autox course doesn't work as good in the daily commute. But thanks for your insightful response 2020

Edit- my 22mm RSB made a huge difference. 1mm over stock will make a difference. Understeer is not some evil thing you must eliminate either, don't get caught up in myths. Fast is not swinging your ass end out all over the place.
Zetec Crew #64
2013 Fiesta SE
2012 Focus S - Sold
2003 Twilight Blue ZX3 - Sold
2001 Yellow ZX3 - Sold

Last edited by romaczx3; 02-20-2005 at 11:14 PM.