Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Remote Start and "Open Door Shut Off"
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 01:47 PM   #108
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by completely_focused View Post
OK, not sure why I couldn't get in programing mode on the first and second attempt but the third time was a charm. BTW I love where my installer put the programing button (attached to the wiring harness of the OBDII connector). I can see the red LED glow just by looking in the space behind the OBDII connector. Everything works now except I would have prefered to keep the two normal beeps when I remote start it so I can tell if it started or not.

Someone said that your car can be stolen if you remote start with the car unlocked and that may be true but any car can be stolen if they want it bad enough. When I get in after remote starting I have to put the key into the ignition prior to hitting the brake pedal or the thing shuts off. Locking the doors and having the brake shutoff is good enough for me.
Well I'll be... I didn't even think to check that side for my button.

Maybe it'll be my lucky day and I'll finally be able to reprogram the darn thing!

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6