Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Vehicle Transport Mode Active
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 12:16 PM   #10
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikefocus2012 View Post
I have a 2012 focus titanium and have had this problem, took it to the dealer and got it de-activated, (I'll put the steps below) but somehow I activated it again and had to de-activate again.
It would be nice to know what activates it so I don't do again.
Steps:

- Turn ignition on
- press brake 5 times
- press hazard button 4-6 times (horn will sound when it's done)
- turn ignition off (horn might sound again)

When you turn ignition on again, problem should be solved.
Also I have another problem that kind of relates to this one, I think it something to do with what actives it.
When I push the "push button starter" twice to activate auxiliary mode so I can listen to the radio, after 10 minutes it shuts off, then I need to do it again to turn the radio back on.
I have heard of other ford models having a similar problem, but there's only shuts off after about 30-45 minutes, talk to the dealer and could get a solution.
Hi, Mikefocus2012 -

The transportation mode should be deactivated by the selling dealership prior to taking delivery. If this does not occur, the Transport Mode will automatically deactivate when the vehicle's odometer reaches 50 miles (80 km) and shouldn't come on again. If it does, I recommend having your dealership look into it further.

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford