Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 2013 engine "click click whir" (engine not running)
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 10:53 AM   #9
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by recyclebin View Post
Great information - thank you.

I drove into work today (only about ten miles). After being parked for approximately 15 minutes I went back to the car and opened the driver door. That self-test (or whatever) noise didn't occur. This matches my previous observation of it not occurring when the engine is warm. That is going to make it fun trying to duplicate at the dealer if I bring it in.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else can duplicate this noise. It is barely noticeable when sitting in the car with doors closed in a quiet garage, but quite clear when looking down at the engine with the hood open (but again in a quiet garage). The sound recording I took does exaggerate the volume, and adds an echo effect. It occurs about once every nine seconds, and I'd say goes on for at least three minutes. This is the only mechanical noise being produced by the engine in this situation...
Hi recyclebin,

I'm happy to jump in here and get involved. You may want to have your dealer check this out again the next time you have an oil change or another scheduled maintenance visit. You can continue to monitor the situation and see if there are circumstances under which you can replicate what you're experiencing so you can show your Service Tech.

Additionally, once you're ready to go to the dealer, I want to escalate your case. All I'll need is a PM from you with your VIN, preferred servicing dealer, mileage, full name, and daytime phone number; I'll do the rest.

Feel free to reach out to me via PM if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thanks!
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford