Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Crunch sound when going over dips???
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 11:20 AM   #13
katkrazy2007
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105248
What I Drive: 2008 Ebony Focus SES

FF Reputation: 1 katkrazy2007 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I haven't had a chance yet to check my mudflaps, but it made the sound again on this VERY COLD (colder than all other days this week and last week) morning when I hit that 'dip' and I slowed down and didn't hit it very fast and it still made the noise once my front tires hit the dip. And it'll always make it just once more and I make a left turn at a four way stop right after the dip and then I don't hear it anymore the rest of the day no matter what bumps or dips or railroad tracks or speed bumps I hit, it so far has only done it on a really cold morning like this morning here in North MS. It was raining yesterday and I left at the same time I did today and it wasn't as cold and I got on noise going over the dip and at no point that day. Hmmmm.. I gotta check that mudflap, but in the mean time, does anyone else have any suggestions on this mysterious (and sneaky) little crunch sound?? It doesn't affect drive quality from what I can tell, but I'm just so curious as to what causes it only on really cold mornings because back when it wasn't cold, like in August and September, I never heard it. The first time it ever did it was on one of the first really cold mornings I drove it in October/November.???