Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - noisy headliner
Thread: noisy headliner
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 10:40 AM   #3
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,279, Level 35
Points: 3,279, Level: 35 Points: 3,279, Level: 35 Points: 3,279, Level: 35
Level Up 53% Completed
Level up: 53% Level up: 53% Level up: 53%
Forum Activity 16%
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobie56 View Post
...I got some 1/2 inch foam weatherstripping from the hardware store, the kind that's sticky on one side and has the peel off tape on the other side. i cut 4 or 5 pieces , ea. about 3 inches long, and inserted them between the black plastic surround that the headliner is attached to (I have a sunroof so it's easy to get to ) and the headliner itself. I placed one on each side and two in front and no more noises.... zero.

Those having these issues may wish to try this.. It took all of 5 minutes and worked very well. And... if, for some reason, it doesn't work for u, needle nosed pliers can be used to remove the weatherstripping....Also,, it doesn't interfere at all w/ either the operation of the sunroof glass nor the sliding shade. good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnleashedBeast View Post
I have the same issue, rattling head liner. Like you, another owner used a type of foam, wedging it between the plastic bracing just at the back of the moon roof. Seems to have stopped the noise 100% without dealer repairs.

Looks like I have to try this today. Since I have to make a trip to Home Depot, I need to buy some foam and fix this.
Hi cobie56 and UnleashedBeast,

I'm glad to hear that you're both rattle-free. Even though you both DIY-ed it this time, feel free to contact me if you ever want to get the dealer involved in your vehicle repairs. I'm happy to help!

Thanks!
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply