Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Way to go Ford....
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 10:13 AM   #88
SportyChick
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 104205
What I Drive: 2012 FocusTitanium Hatchback - sold

FF Reputation: 1 SportyChick Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I don't know but this unicorn fart sure smells at times.

I believe that some have very valid concerns regarding their car and it's easy to sit back and call some "whiners" when you aren't experiencing their issues. Fact is there are some of us, myself included have had issues with our DCT and have gone to great lengths to make sure we have done everything possible we can on our end. But at some point Ford needs to step up as well and take part in resolving the issues that some of us are having. It's a 2-way street, no one-sided relationship ever works.

So far, I have no complaints with how my dealership or Ford have handled my concerns with the DCT. I have been more then patient I think, with 3 stops at the dealership, one for the TSB update that didn't help, another for the replacement of the clutch actuators, and the 3rd for the drive with the mechanic. A 4th one will be coming up when Ford decides what to do with my DCT issue.

Other then that, the car has been great. I love the look and lay out of the car and it does drive great once the shuddering stops.