Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Optimal Braking Performance from Stock Brakes
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 08:42 AM   #25
wrc_fan
slow

Fan#: 11913
What I Drive: 03 ZX3 Duratec 08 WRX Hatch

FF Reputation: 23 wrc_fan Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmakc View Post
A buddy of mine found rear brakes on a focus (he's sure the car isn't an ST or SVT), my guess is that they are advance track rear discs - how much is a reasonable offer to buy them at a pick and pull? And what should be pulled of exactly? The buddy also has a focus and loves wrenching on the car --- he's my go to guy for any work I want to get done on the ride.

Maybe I'll just go with that set up instead of dealing with the rear drums...
Provided that you can't buy the caliper bracket/spindle anymore, if you find a set its well worth your time to pull these off a car if found in a junkyard. I think I paid $150, but the LKQ I go to is kind of a pain. What you pay depends on the person at the checkout.

You need to get at a minimum, the ebrake cables, the soft brakelines, the spindle, the hub, and the caliper. I plan on getting new pads, rotors and wheel bearings when I get around to installing these. I think that's everything. The dust shields are optional too. The junkyard I got my set from was nice enough to use these to hold the car up at some point, so they weren't an option for me.

"Hella Functional - Raced, Not Hard Parked"