Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - hopefully someone can help
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 08:33 PM   #1
f_o_c_u_s
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 71348
What I Drive: 2006 maroon ZX4

FF Reputation: 2 f_o_c_u_s Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
hopefully someone can help

or hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. i know i have this related topic in a different thread but im going to try to explain it a little better here.

when i first got the car i noticed going from 2-3 gear (its an atx) it would slightly slip, when shifting my rpms would jump before going to the next gear. a few times my o/d light would come on too without touching the button except it would flash in orange and wouldnt turn off till the car was restarted. after awhile this issue stopped and i noticed no problems. except for the gear slippage.

just recently i noticed that when i slow down to take a turn, if i dont slow down under 20mph and i got to accelerate, my car bogs, from what i understand its getting stuck in 3rd gear and not disengaging the gear untill it drops below 20.

i also noticed that after shifting to 4th gear if i try to "get on it" i will jump rpms. and at 65mph the same thing happens. it sounds like it wants to go into passing gear, but the rpms jump and then nothing happens.

just recently i noticed my little o/d light issue was happening again. and then just the other night driving home (doing nothing but driving mind you, except i hit the usual rough patch in the road) the light came on and with it my engine light came on.

i got the code check and it was a p0752 saying the shift solenoid A was stuck on. i bought the part and put it in. took it for a test drive and....nothing was fixed. i turned my o/d off and drive and everything seems to work fine. no slippage except for 2-3 but like i said thats always happened. other than that if i slow down for a turn and dont drop below 20 then accelerate everything is fine. and of course at the higher speeds everything is fine since my o/d is off and i cant shift into 4th.

can anyone give any sort of insight to my issue and any tips on how to fix it? or point me in the right direction? any help would be much appreciated.