View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 08:20 PM   #8
08focusse
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 94107
What I Drive: 2008 Ice Blue Focus SE

FF Reputation: 3 08focusse Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Ok so after a little searching and all i made it back to ford and i guess they answered my question better than i could find on the internet. on my 2008 ford focus it has the TPMS, AdvancTrac Traction Control( i didn't think they installed this on a FWD car ) but after about 45 mins sitting with the service advisor he couldn't give me an answer other than the TPMS wouldn't put the car in limp mode then he pulls my vin and after searching the data base he goes "Huh, this car has advance trac traction control and if the tires were used they have to be within 1/4" difference in total circumference between all 4 tires measured at the center of the tire or the car would think the car was spinning and activate the traction control which would put the car in limp mode to try and regain traction(which would cause the lack of power).

So instead of hit and missing i sold the rims and tires and will just look for a set of new ones and be done with it

If i would have known about all the little things that cause problems i would have just bought a different style of car this one is really starting to annoy me