Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - SVT springs vs FRPP kit; comfort, ride & handling
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 07:10 PM   #101
karmakc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 78622
What I Drive: 2004 Ag ZX3 D23E MTX

FF Reputation: 1 karmakc Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
These last 5,000 miles on FRPP kit have been a revelation!
Obviously with a slightly less compliant shock combined with FRPP springs, the ride has been rougher both on the highway and in the city. The trade off for ride quality versus handling was a little more than I had expected. However, I'm not complaining any more.

It's a hoot to drive a car that is even more communicative than while stock. My commute is wonderful in every sense of the word as when in turns that had the inner right wheel lifting/nearly lifting, now the rear is communion with the front.

I point the car where I want to go, and there is little to no wag from the rear. Obviously, there are still limits to the handling, however I have yet to have the car's rear break away from me while trail braking or in the wet - this is mostly due to the rubber on the shoes.

I have yet to take the car to an AutoX course and plan to do so sometime in the near future. However, I can whole heartedly recommend the FRPP kit as so many before me have. I look forward to many more miles of funderful dynamics and twisty fun.
Hatch Nation #135
Blazin' the Twisties #90