Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Greetings! First time member and focus owner!
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 03:57 PM   #2
sailor
"Elder"

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZTS 2.3 5spd.

Points 11,099, Level 69
Points: 11,099, Level: 69 Points: 11,099, Level: 69 Points: 11,099, Level: 69
Level Up 63% Completed
Level up: 63% Level up: 63% Level up: 63%
Forum Activity 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
FF Reputation: 76 sailor Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Gotta think where to start here....

Shocks & bushings won't raise the rear of the car for starters I guess is a good place to start, not sure how you replaced upper arm bushings since the only way to do that is to replace the arm unless you press in Poly Bushings....

Camber in the rear isn't generally an issue by itself except for lowered cars, the tire wear issue is generally from the wrong toe in, causing wear on one side of the tires.
The proper specs., and a shade tree method to set the alignment yourself, can be found in the "Wheels, Tires, Brakes" section of the Forum.

Replacing springs if it's sagging is MUCH easier if you detach the shock first to let the arm drop. Old springs can then usually be levered out, but you'll need to compress the new ones a bit for installation (center rod type compressor is easiest, but not a common tool - I used external "cheapo's" from Harbor Freight to do MY upgrade - but they're a bit of a PITA & will wear out in one use)

Lower control arm bolts tend to freeze in the bushing sleeves, making toe adjustment or arm replacement difficult - penetrant & repeated loosening attempts got mine good enough for adjustment, but not for replacement. If you need new arms cutting them out is the general method.

Give more details on the issues you are trying to solve, and we can give more detailed info..

Welcome to the Forum!

P.S. - for better responses, we might move this to a more appropriate area...

btw, if you still have too much camber at normal ride height adjuster bolts for the upper arms are available - cheapest way to get 'em more vertical.

Last edited by sailor; 11-12-2012 at 04:04 PM. Reason: add