dragonpalm
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104183
What I Drive: 2013 White Platinum Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 dragonpalm Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
That seems a little ridiculous. I would think a BT connection issue, even intermittent, would do it. Ask them about the recall from Ford that put all cars on demonstration/delivery hold until they have the update applied. This means that Ford does not want potential new customers to even be allowed to see any version before this new update and they do not want new owners to be allowed to take their cars with any version but this new one.

Ask them how come then, if Ford doesn't even want people to see the version you have or drive away with the version you have, it is OK for you to be stuck with that version. That doesn't seem right.
It is ridiculous but they said the BT issue may be related to something else (a module or something) that 3.5.1 doesn't cover. I've only spoke to them over the phone but they said to just bring it in and they'll decide if they can fix it without the update or not. Someone said earlier that dealers do this because Ford won't reimburse them unless they do "repair" work and not just updating because the customer wanted it.