Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Water collecting at bottom of doors after rain
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 01:56 PM   #36
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,106, Level 34
Points: 3,106, Level: 34 Points: 3,106, Level: 34 Points: 3,106, Level: 34
Level Up 38% Completed
Level up: 38% Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Forum Activity 23%
Activity: 23% Activity: 23% Activity: 23%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by inxsary View Post
I couldn't figure out how to post the video, so I put it on my flickr and you can see it here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/karenmsarna/8045375090/

I don't think I got the "gush" but you can see where the water is collecting.

-Karen
Thanks for the video, inxsary. Hopefully this will help out some of the other people who are having this same issue. Has your dealer had any luck diagnosing/repairing the leak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Yes, I believe so. I looked a couple of weeks ago and from what I can tell the slit in the (at least my) door lines up directly with the weather stripping so it holds the water inside the door until you open it. It'll probably cause some rusting once salty highway water covers my car and eventually drains down in there - I got a car wash last Friday... I should probably open that door to see if there's still water in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerFocus View Post
Is that the issue?

And/or has anyone found the issue and a fix? I have the problem (noticed for a while) and only now is it really really bugging me since it rained last night, then froze over night. I couldn't open my driver side rear door! And ice was on the plastic lining as well as covering the bottom of the door itself.

Like a few have mentioned, rain itself doesn't really bother me since I open the doors enough, its the salt and ice that concern me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo94sc View Post
Same issue - waterfall when I opened the DS rear door this morning. I'd say at least 8oz of water came out from the size of the puddle left on the driveway. And like the video above, the water is resting above the plastic trim on the sill. I'm not taking the car back to the shop anytime soon, but I would like to know if anyone figures out a fix for this.
Hey folks,

I would advise that you all make appointments at your respective dealerships to get this checked out, especially now that weather is getting colder. I'm happy to get your cases escalated as well; just send me a PM with your details (VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name) and I'll get to work.

Thanks!
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply