View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 12:38 PM   #13
mac.mogul
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 90409
What I Drive: 2011 Sterling Grey SES Sedan

FF Reputation: 13 mac.mogul Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
It sounds to me like you have a decent set up as it is. From here I would say to go with poly bushings all around, maybe a stiffer lower motor mount, adjustable camber/alignment hardware (An alignment can make a huge difference in handling) Lose some extra weight on the car. A CF hood isn't really going to help you much, but ditching the backseat and relocating the battery will make a huge difference. They key is to have as much weight as possible below the highest point of the suspension and have as much of the existing weight as possible placed inside of the wheelbase.

Lighter wheels will help a little, but its not worth the expense if you like the wheels you have. Tires are tricky because you can't really test them out before you buy. It sounds to me like you still want the car to be comfortable so a high response, stiff sidewall tire may not be the best choice for you. You can get grippy tires with a softer sidewall for comfort, but you sacrifice responsiveness and a poor responding tire can make the best suspension setup go to waste.

Adding in:
At the age of your car, I would recommend replacing bushings in the steering rack if they have not been replaced yet. The OE bushings are made of a generic kind of rubber and deform/disintegrate over time. This will improve steering feel and responsiveness and I think responsiveness is key for what you're wanting.
2011 SES 5spd #006 >> SR #213

Join the cause! 3 Door Fords for America! facebook.com/3DRS4US

What other people think of me is none of my business.