Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle)
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 12:16 PM   #1546
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 JCW GP

Points 2,504, Level 30
Points: 2,504, Level: 30 Points: 2,504, Level: 30 Points: 2,504, Level: 30
Level Up 36% Completed
Level up: 36% Level up: 36% Level up: 36%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I'm pushing for a response from Ford as hard as I can...

I sent a lengthy PM to Crystal (FordCustomerService) with links to all of the information I've compiled thus far (Google spreadsheet, 2 threads on ST forums, photos, etc). She got back to me this morning with this:

Quote:
Hi Zachary,

Thank you so much for sharing all of your hard work on this issue. I've forwarded along your research to my management team for their review and action; if I need any additional information I'll reach out to you here.

I'll definitely keep you in the loop as things move forward.

Thanks again,
Crystal
I've also gotten in touch with Steve at Tousley to try and locate the part number of this reinforcement plate. Surprisingly, he's not having much luck; Phokus, would you mind poking around and see if there's a visible engineering number on that reinforcement plate anywhere? Don't go disassembling your car, of course, but if you can see anything, write it down and pass it on. The engineering number can be used to do a reverse-lookup.

Additionally, I did something I thought I'd never do, and signed up for a Twitter account so I could tweet to @FordService, @FordFocus, and @Ford with a link to my thread with all the photos on FordSTNation.com.