Level Up 15% Completed
Level up: 15% Level up: 15% Level up: 15%
Forum Activity 19%
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%
FF Reputation: 23 rambleon84 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllCarFan View Post
how do stickier tires and wheels help me with ride-quality or adjustment? I dont want to swap on new wheels everytime I want to do some spirited driving. Tires, on the other hand, will be a good idea.

The car only has 40k on the clock, but currently rides like all of the suspension has 240k on it!
Well you initially asked how to make it "handle better and maybe have some ride-quality adjustability." So I went with the handle better; a lighter weight wheel will decrease your unsprung weight, which will make your springs/shocks more responsive. This will also aid in acceleration/deceleration, both would help you handle corners more effectively. You are right though, not much adjustment there but your current suspension does have some life left in them still.

Tires, depending on what you run now and how many miles yours have can be a big difference as well (same for weight, surprisingly, same size tires can weigh several pounds +/-.) The six spoke saleen wheels you have now, tend to be less common and sell for a decent price; so you could sell your current wheels and use the proceeds towards new ones as well. This is just one direction, something to think about...

your thoughts on putting the car on a diet is going to help as well. especially since some of the choices cost little to nothing, such as removing the rear seats.