Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Wrapping my headers?
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 11:01 AM   #20
qweesy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 12042
What I Drive: 2004 focus Duratec 2.3 RS (DEAD)

FF Reputation: 2 qweesy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Ok the only diffrence between the Black,White, Tan and the Titanium is

1) its a different kind of weave. (both look good in my opinion)

2.) in the FAQ's it says If you are going to wrap any kind of steel pipe we recommend using DEI HT Silicone Coating to spray the header or pipes prior to applying Titanium exhaust wrap. However, there is no need to apply DEI HT Silicone Coating to Titanium wrap. ( so you still need the coating you just put it on before instead of after)

3.)Withstands 1800˚F direct/2500˚F intermittent heat rather than Withstands 1200F direct/2000F of the standard wrap.(average exhaust temps on headers of a well tuned vehicle shouldnt go above 1000 degrees.... and some seen as high 1600 degrees EGT on some turbo applications with lean conditions)

4.) it says you dont "have" to wet it thats cool dont but I guarantee you it will look better if you wet it first Ive done it both ways wet has always looked better plus it sticks to the pipe better as you're wrapping it.

5.) Obviously the colors and really its just a marketing gimmick haha they are practically the same price, hah and some of you are saying the Ti only lasted a few months???? Ill stick with black EVERY time Ive done it its been good for 2-3 YEARS

Black = 2" wide x 50' roll, $57.40

Titanium = 2" wide x 50' roll, $62.19

Tan/White = 2" wide x 50' roll, $53.22