Level Up 47% Completed
Level up: 47% Level up: 47% Level up: 47%
Forum Activity 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%
FF Reputation: 49 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmo748 View Post
thanks Dyn. just checked out a few shops in town.

1st shop didn't give me a price but said to check out Moroso and to stay with a 2 inch pipe. "any bigger without a turbo would lose performance" to quote him. Also he would make the cut from just after the coupling forward of the front muffler, run either a muffler from there and a straight pipe back to either dual or single exhaust OR 2nd option was straight pipe to a muffler where the current lunch box is and do the Dual exhaust like Sleighman did in http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269081 His third option was to do a center exhaust similar to option #2. But again no pricing for any of these.

the other shop (Down in Yulee, Fl) said it would be $150 for install (includes bending etc etc) 40 for the pipe plus parts. I said i would bring my own muffler and tip(s) And this shop said to go with a 2 1/4 in pipe.
Well, if the first guy thinks you need a turbo in order to go over 2" then he is sadly mistaken. Exhaust requirements are driven by the amount of air needed to be moved (driven by power output), and our high-compression motors move a lot of air. Our vehicles are very nearly maxed from the factory at 2", even with mandrel bent tubing.

2.25" will make power/raise fuel economy and 2.5" is pretty much the max we can need without going forced induction. I would personally go with either the second or third option, but I would add a resonator somewhere downstream of the cat, probably in the tunnel.
2014 FiST-