Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Titanium Front Strut Low Speed Noise (Clunk/Rattle)
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 10:59 AM   #1545
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Points 2,833, Level 32
Points: 2,833, Level: 32 Points: 2,833, Level: 32 Points: 2,833, Level: 32
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%
FF Reputation: 13 PratoN Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
My car isn't clunking at the moment as far as I can tell, but it still has the original bolt/spacer arrangement. Seeing how they changed the car by adding the stiffening plate seems to be tacit admission that there was something not quite right with the way they had the suspension/ strut towers laid out but they aren't going back and fixing the cars properly under the previous TSB.

That irritates me if it was a known issue that they had a solution on the shelf but hoped to shut people up without fixing their cars.

I don't want to be tearing into the suspension if its not clunking as it sits now, but I'd rather not have parts that have been known to be bad either.
I agree with all of this. Do you think those of us without this issue should order the parts as a preventative measure? As I said before, I only have slight clunking when there are several people in my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phokus View Post
What about those people that just posted that they have a '13 but no plate?
...also a good point. Do you think they will eventually get clunking? Maybe it's only cars with the Ti handling package? jdubhack, which wheels is your Ti?